Tuesday, January 5, 2010

disney dreaming

With the snow and the twelve degree temperatures, I've found myself daydreaming about our trip to Disney World in February (only 53 days left, but who's counting?) I've been in love with Walt Disney World since I was a little girl. My first trip was in the womb and I've gone at least once every year since. It's a magical world where work and chores disappear and you get to see life through the eyes of your kids. I'm uber excited to be staying at a new resort, Disney's Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary.


Speaking of Disney, I think they have done something brilliant. Well, they do a lot of brilliant things, but this one is at the top of the list. Give A Day Get a Disney Day started at the beginning of the new year. Basically, you volunteer for a day and you receive a free park ticket. Just in my area alone there are opportunities to make blankets for kids, build houses, create digital books for libraries or clean up a park. I think this will be a great activity for our family to do and teach the kids about giving back. Making blankets for kids sounds like a good one, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME tip on the Give A Day Get A Disney Day. I'm forwarding this along to some friends as well, and my Disney-loving sis. Would be great for Scouts and stuff too. Love your new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete