I'm happy to post our very first store feature! The lovely Kristie of Anjénu in Chicago, Illinois has been carrying Lucky Star Press cards in her store since 2008. She graciously agreed to answer a few questions about her store and the products she carries.
1. Tell me a little bit about your store and what types of products you sell.
Anjénu is Wicker Park, Illinois' exclusive paper boutique, with bamboo-green walls and a charming personality. We offer handmade greetings, stationery, vibrant papers, and specialize in custom and couture wedding invitations.
2. What types of products do you sell the most of at your store?
Our number one seller is the Birthday Card along with Anniversary and Baby Cards. Boxed notes and fun little goodies never fall short!
3. What are some of your favorite products?
Usually the "new card"! :) When I get a new designer in or a new card from one of my favorite designers... I end up giving it to everyone I know. I get hooked easy! :)
4. Do you have window displays? If so, what inspires your displays? Yes... we change our window about once a month. Sometimes the weather or a new product or a color is the inspiration. Right now we're working on a wedding display with so many engagements happening out there!
5. Is there a product you carry that just doesn't get the love it deserves?
Yes. I am in love with blind letterpress and textured cotton papers. Maybe it is the packaging or perhaps others just aren't in love with it like me.
6. What is your best selling Lucky Star Press greeting card?
The Birthday Card, both the simple green candle and the pink cupcake. I also sell a ton of the Wedding Ring during peak wedding time!
7. How do you like to order and view products from your wholesalers?
I like to work directly with the artist, either through email or printed catalogs.
8. Anything else you'd like to share about running a retail location?
It's fun! It is definitely more than full time job... but so worth it! Meeting new designers and speaking to customers everyday is my dream job! :)
Thanks so much Kristie for being our first store spotlight!